Risk & Control Manager
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is one of the largest retail chain with 276 Supermarkets, 13 Cash & Carry, 86 franchise stores and over 13 500 employees.
Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 22 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for ensuring that there is an appropriate (evaluation of) design of procedures and controls to mitigate identified risks and to obtain assurance on the effectiveness of the procedures and controls. This includes the following elements:
• Performs annual scoping exercise for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), identifying relevant risks and control objectives for the related operating company
• Supports the business in organizing workshops in order to increase their awareness
• Controls, designs, evaluates and performs assurance testing for Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
• Decision making on design tools, testing approach e.t.c. with support of the EU Lead R&C
• Designs the required policies, procedures and controls, when necessary, along with the process owners (in conjunction with BSF)
• For areas where a specialist control assurance function exists (e.g. Product Safety, Information Security), ensures that policies and procedures are effective and that assurance is obtained through those functions on the identified policies and controls, following the GRC control framework
• Conducts annual Fraud Risk Assessment locally based on guidance received from the EU Lead R&C
• Reviews (follows-up) and supports control weakness remediation
• Supports external and internal audit throughout the execution of audit plans
• Facilitates the review and discussion of weaknesses between auditor and local Finance Director/CFO
• Supports line management in identifying the risks in their area and facilitates risk workshops to assess the risks and define risk mitigation actions
• Embeds ERM risk management processes, as a way of working within the local operating companies
• Supports semi-annual EU Enterprise Risk Management reporting to EU management and to the EU Lead R&C by providing both with required information about risks
• Responsible for aggregation of the results of IC activities and status of compliance for the country and reporting to EU Lead R&C for aggregation at EU level
• Reports local IC results to local management, as well as EU Lead R&C, on status and outcome of the activities
• Discusses control findings with finance and audit professionals (internal and external)
• Realizes the desired quantitative and qualitative headcount and budget of local R&C
• University degree in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics.
RA, CPA, ACCA and/or Registered Operational Auditor will be considered an asset
• At least 10 years of professional experience.
3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: external auditing, internal auditing, operational auditing, business controlling, and/or financial controlling
• Fluency in English language, both written & spoken.
Additional language(s) will be considered an asset
• Very good knowledge of MS Office
• Strong business acumen with emphasis on analytical & conceptual thinking
• Advanced communication & negotiation skills, ability to build network & impact multiple stakeholders
• Project management skills with emphasis on organizing and planning multiple tasks
• Leadership & managerial skills
• Teamwork & cooperation
The company offers a competitive remuneration package, training opportunities and excellent career prospects.
On line at www.abcareers.gr quoting reference: «R&C_MGR»
Address: 81, Spaton Ave.
Zip code: 153 44
City: Gerakas – Attiki
All applications will be treated as confidential.